Okay guys, this is the cocktail you’ve been waiting for – i’m sure of it! The weather keeps on getting hotter and hotter and this watermelon margarita is sure to cool you down. It’s the perfect drink to sip on on a hot summer day when you’re sitting by the pool.
I’ve been on such a margarita kick lately. In my opinion, they’re the perfect drink to whip up for backyard parties because they take next to no time and everyone seems to love them. I also love that you can make them in tons of different flavors. From watermelon, to strawberry and raspberry there’s no shortage of Margaritas! I got the idea for a watermelon margarita at the grocery last week (hello sale watermelons) and now I’m beyond obsessed!
There’s something about a watermelon margarita that seriously makes me feel sassier. This cocktail is full of watermelon magic and it’s truly the perfect drink for all of you tequila fans out there. Bonus perk: It’s out of control good and comes with watermelon wedge. Let’s just say I consider that a win-win!
This recipe is so simple. All you need is tequila, watermelon, simple syrup and lime to make this refreshing summer cocktail – so head on over to your bar and start mixing!
- 1/2 of one ripe watermelon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 1/4 tequila
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in sugar and until it dissolves.
- Chop 3/4 of watermelon and puree in a blender until smooth.
- In a pitcher filled with ice, combine sugar/water mixture, watermelon, lime juice and tequila. Pour into glasses filled with ice and garnish with a watermelon wedge!
- Add salt around rim if desired!
Have you subscribed to SimplyJandK on Bloglovin? Check it out to get all of our latest posts!