Game days are big in our house (Go Colts!) and i’m always looking for healthy tailgate recipes to serve. These skinny loaded fries are SO good and they cut out so many of the unnecessary calories that restaurants pile on.
How perfect is this sweatshirt? Game days are all about being comfortable but still stylish and i’m loving this crew neck from Kindred People. Not to mention it’s literally my mantra (sorry J, the fries win). I’ve gotten so many complements on it already and it’s perfect now that we are getting into chillier months!
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic salt
- Pince fresh cracked pepper
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1/3 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp diced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 425 and grease a baking sheet
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise in 1/4 inch thin slices then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries. Add seasoning and fries together in a large bowl. Toss.
- Place fries on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until crisp. Make sure to flip the fries about halfway through cook time.
- Remove from oven and place in baking pan or cast iron skillet. Top with cheese, bacon, and scallions.
Shop some of my favorites from Kindred People: