Potatoes gratin, you’re the best thing that’s happened to potatoes — ever. Whether we’re talking mashed, fried or sweet, it’s fair to say i’m a fan of serving potatoes, especially around the holidays. But, guys these Easy, Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin are by far the most delicious side dish you can serve your guests holiday season. So, keep reading, give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Around this time of year, I start craving hearty homemade recipes. And, boy do these potatoes gratin hit the spot. They’re made with gruyere cheese, which apart from sounding fancy, has one of the most incredible tastes without being too overbearing. It’s rich, creamy and too delicious for words. Apart from the gruyère, the touch of dijon mustard gives this dish a little kit and ensures it’s not too cheesy. Trust me on this one, the combination of flavors will have your guests begging for more, so make sure to bake extra.
A word for the wise, this dish can be made in advance by completing all steps except for putting it in the oven. So, if you’re in charge of cooking Christmas dinner make these ahead of time and pop them in the fridge! Now, let’s get to baking!
- 4 to 5 Russet Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- 1 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- Heat an oven at 375 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into thin, round slices.
- Heat butter and garlic in a pan and add onions. Then, saute for 5 minutes. Add in mustard and cream. Then add potato slices and cook for 10 minutes. Add a dash and salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour potato mixture into a greased baking dish, and top with gruyere cheese. Then, bake for 20-25 minutes.
What’s your favorite holiday side dish? Let’s chat in the comments below!