We’ve been snowed in all weekend & are loving every minute of it. From exploring the winter wonderland, to playing board games, baking cookies, and drinking wine we’ve covered all the blizzard basics.
I couldn’t pass up a chance to make these insanely good M&M and White Chocolate Chip Cookies with all of the free time this weekend and figured they would be the perfect treat to share for Valentines Day. With most of my cookies I use vanilla pudding mix to make sure they are soft and chewy- it’s such a simple way to make your cookies look and taste like they came from a real bakery. These cookies take about 3 hours to make because the dough requires a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge.
Also, how cute is this adorable towel from Sidney at Household 6 Creations? I’m actually obsessed. There are tons more options available on the Etsy site and they can be made in any color combination to complement your kitchen.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 vanilla pudding mix (not mixed)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugars, egg whites, vanilla and mix with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and beat for 2 minutes. Add the M&Ms and white chocolate chips for another minute.
- Using your hands make 10 - 12 round dough mounds and flatten the tops slightly. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and place dough mounds on a baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart from one another. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are firm. Cookies will get firmer as they cool, so be sure to not overcook.