The time has finally come, pasta salad season is here. From a quick lunch at work to the perfect side dish for a summer barbecue, this pasta salad is delicious and filled with my favorite veggies.
I’m fully convinced that nothing beats freshly grilled zucchini, summer broccoli and Indiana Tomatoes so i’ve used them all to create this incredible pasta salad. It’s garnished with an olive oil and vinegar based dressing and topped with fresh cracked peppercorn and parmesan. Need I say more? After whipping this up I couldn’t resist snapping a few photos to share with you gorgeous girls. Enjoy!
- 1 Zucchini, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 1 bunch broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 container mini tomatoes (yellow, red and orange)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Peppercorn
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan
- 1 box penne pasta
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 6 T. olive oil
- olive oil spray
- Cooke penne pasta according to directions, rinse with cool water and drain. Set aside.
- Slice zucchini as noted above and grille over griddle pan sprayed with olive oil spray and heated to medium high. Turn once when both sides have grill marks and have softened. Set aside to cool and when cool, slice again in half.
- Spray griddle pan over medium heat, add broccoli. Turn a few times until it is slightly softened. Add to large bowl with zucchini and immediately add matchstick carrots, chopped onion, halved tomatoes and kosher salt and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar with a little salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables in bowl then add the cooked pasta. Mix and add parmesan. Let salad reach room temperature before serving.