Boy, do I have a treat for you! Typically, we try to eat as healthy as possible, but sometimes you just need a cheat day. And, let me tell you, this Soft Pretzel & Beer Cheese Dip was made for a cheat day.
With St. Patricks Day right around the corner, I wanted to share this pub-inspired recipe that even the rowdiest leprechaun will enjoy. It’s cheesy, crowd-pleasing and oh so delicious.
Have you ever tried telling a man you’re cooking with beer? You should have seen J’s face, I swear he’s never been more excited to try one of my recipes. The best part? If you don’t have time to whip up your own soft pretzels you can easily stop by the frozen section at target and pick up a box of super pretzels!
This recipe takes all of about 10 minutes to make, so give it a try this St. Patricks Day and let me know what you think!
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 3/4 cup beer (we used Stella)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- In a pan combine flour and melted butter. Turn the stove to low heat and whisk in milk slowly. Stir well as you mix in the milk.
- Add in the beer, stone ground mustard and salt. Turn the pan back to medium heat and continue stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
- Start adding the cheese 1 cup at a time. Add more salt or mustard if desired. Serve immediately with a soft pretzel!