Happy almost Cinco De Mayo, my gorgeous friends! I hope you’re have the best week. Normally for Cinco De Mayo i’d try to wow you with a delicious margarita, but J and I have been on a bit of a health kick as of late. So, instead i’m sharing a delicious Skinny Taco Salad that you can make to celebrate all day long!
Taco salad has always been my weakness. Well, really Chipotle is my weakness. But, J reminded me that I probably shouldn’t go there every day, so I started making a skinny salad version of my favorite Burrito Bowl at home. You guys, it’s truly so good.
So, here’s the skinny! This delicious, diet approved salad is low calorie because it’s 1) full of veggies and 2) made with ground turkey instead of ground beef. The best part? You can barely taste the difference. I like to add salsa, non-fat sour cream and avocado to mine, but you can really customize this salad to include anything you want. So, here’s how to make it!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Half a packet taco seasoning
- non-fat sour cream (to taste)
- chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup low fat mexican cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey mixed with half of a packet of taco seasoning. Once cooked, set aside.
- Chop romaine and add ground turkey, chopped avocado, cheese, salsa, sour cream and any additional veggies you like. Mix and enjoy!
Have the best Cinco De Mayo babes!