There are some meals that you throw your diet out the window for. You guys, this Cajun Chicken Pasta is that meal.
I found the recipe (from Damn Delicious) one night when I was scrolling through Pinterest. And, I swear I nearly stopped scrolling to hop in my car to pick up the ingredients from the store. After making it once I was hooked. But, I didn’t like how heavy it was. As someone who prides herself on finding ways to make delicious recipes skinny, I knew I was up to this challenge. And guys, the end result is SO SO good.
I even tried it out on my husband and my brother and both have been begging me to make it again they enjoyed it so much. Plus, they had zero idea that I made it skinny!
Here’s how to make it:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 8 ounce penne pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1/8 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tomatoes
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- Coat your chicken in olive oil and cajun seasoning. I also added a little chilli pepper for some kick. Let sit for an hour or so.
- Then, add to a pan and cook thoroughly. Set aside.
- Add water to a pot and add in pasta. Once cooked, drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook, whisking constantly, for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until it becomes thickened.
- Add pasta to the sauce and serve with chicken, garnished with tomatoes and parsley!