The secret to surviving the holiday season for me has always been Hot Cocoa. Don’t get me wrong, I adore the Holidays. But, cleaning your house and entertaining for weeks at a time can be a lot. But, from White Chocolate to Nutella and more there’s nothing that can get me through it quite like a good cup of Hot Cocoa. So, it’s no surprise that i’ve found a way to slip a little something extra into the cup…
This boozy Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa recipe has quickly become one of my all time favorites. I used a dark cocoa based chocolate that’s over 70%, which gives it the deepest, darkest flavor. I garnished it with some homemade chocolate whipped cream and a bit of sea salt for some extra flavor. Trust me, this hot cocoa is a game changer, and I just can’t wait for you to give it a try.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Bourbon Hot Cocoa
- 4 ounces Dark Cocoa Chocolate
- 1 ounce Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 ounces boubon
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients for the whipped cream into a large bowl. Whip until thick and fluffy and set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil on medium heat. Stir in chocolate and sea salt. Then add to a glass and mix in bourbon. Top with whipped cream and garnish with salt!
What’s your favorite Hot Cocoa Recipe?