In our house breakfast is a must. You can find us on the weekends making waffles or our favorite breakfast sandwich. But, during the week we have NO time eat something healthy for breakfast (I blame our cozy bed). So, I love to bake muffins and scones ahead of time, so that we have something to grab as we run out the door. And, these Crazy Good Cranberry Crumble Muffins are by far one of our favorites to keep around the house this time of year.
Crazy good is an understatement. The sugar based crumb topping gives these muffins the sweetest taste, but the cranberries make it a tad sour. And, the combination is just to die for. Trust me, you’ll want to make two servings of these because if not, they’ll be gone in a flash!
Not a fan of cranberry? The best part about this recipe is that you can easily swap out the cranberry for another fruit. So far, i’ve tried blueberry and strawberry and both turned out delicious. So, I suggest picking your favorite fruit and following the recipe from there.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons soft butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar and mix well. Then add softened butter, egg, and milk and mix well.
- Use a spatula to stir in cranberries softly. Then add your mixture to the muffin tins evenly.
- Mix softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and flower together with a fork to create a crump texture.
- Then, sprinkle the mixture to the top of each muffin.
- Bake your muffins for 20 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. Enjoy!
Trust me, you’ll love these cranberry crumble muffins. So, try them out and let me know what you think!