Well, hello there my lovely friends! Lately, every time I’ve gone on Pinterest I’ve seen cauliflower as a substitute for one type of food or another. It can be used in place of rice, potatoes or even meat. And today, i’m sharing how to substitute these delicious buffalo cauliflower bites for buffalo wings!
Skeptical? I don’t blame you. But, even the biggest buffalo wing fan will be begging for more of this bite-size snack. And, they are SO much healthier than any fried wing you can make or buy.
I’ll admit, I didn’t used to be the biggest fan of cauliflower but, these bites have the best flavor thanks to the addition of Moore’s Original Buffalo Wing Sauce. You guys, its so flavorful you can hardly even tell your snacking on a veggie! But, if you’re serving this for a party or tailgate I recommend adding slightly less than the recipe calls for to make sure it isn’t too spicy for your guests.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl combine water, flour, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over chopped up cauliflower so that they are completely covered. Add cauliflower to a strainer and let excess batter drip off.
- Add bread crumbs to cauliflower evenly.
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Then, remove bites and coat with buffalo sauce (evenly).
- Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and enjoy!
Have you subscribed to SimplyJandK on Bloglovin? Check it out to get all of our latest posts!