My mother taught me something very important when I was little. And, that’s that scones can fix anything. Truly, whenever i’ve had a rough week the first thing I do is head to the kitchen, get out the flour and bake. And, more often then not, fresh scones are the result. Needless to say, this classic blueberry and lemon combination is one of my tried and true recipes. And, I promise you’re going to absolutely love them.
To say these are delicious would be the understatement of the century. And, I can tell you that my husband J would agree tenfold. They’re so good you’ll even trick yourself into thinking you’re eating dessert for breakfast! And, the best part is that they’re much easier to make than you think. Trust me, you don’t have to be a master baker to make these sweet scones for a Sunday treat. So, here’s how to make them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk (I use almond milk)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Dash of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add in butter slowly until it breaks down within the mix. Then, stir in milk and lemon juice slowly.
- Put additional flour down on the counter and spread out your dough. Gently mix in blueberries making sure not to squish.
- Cut into six wedges and lay them onto the parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Drizzle over scones once they are done. Enjoy!
Let me know how they turn out!