Happy Wednesday, girls! If you follow me on Instagram you know I headed to NYC for the week for a last-minute work trip. As such, a few blog posts are a bit behind. But, I am sharing some awesome content from New York on my story so make sure to follow along! Before I left I whipped up these Blueberry Muffins for J and he suggested I shared them on the blog because they’re that good.
Breakfasts are something that have always been really special for J and I. I always to whip up pancakes, bagel sandwiches or oatmeal so we can grab 20-30 minutes together before we both head off to work.
The secret to these muffins is the addition of sour cream to the mix. It’s a great way to make sure that they don’t dry out, and I just know you’re going to love them as much as we do.
- Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the crumb topping together with an electric mixer. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs until frothy. Mix in the sugar and oil and stir for 1 minute. Then, add the vanilla, flour, vinegar, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Stir in sour cream and blueberries with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a final bowl, mix the ingredients for the cream cheese filing with an electric mixer.
- Fill the muffin cups halfway with the muffin batter. Add1 tsp of cream cheese mixture to the center, then top with a tablespoon of muffin batter. Finish it off with the crumble topping and more blueberries if desired..
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out without topping)!