Fall was meant for beautiful, autumnal cocktails, #AmIRight? And, this one takes the cake or, to stick with the fall theme, the pie. Honestly, is there anything better than cider mixed with deep whiskey and cinnamon? No way. Keep reading to learn how you can make this Apple Cider Whiskey Slushie!
This little slushy recipe came purely from my love of virgin cider slushies. When I was younger, my mom always used to get them for us at the pumpkin patch. You could said they remind me of Fall in Indiana. But, while the virgin slushies are great (and amazing for kids), I wanted to add a little kick to my favorite fall drink – so, I decided to add a bit of whiskey.
You guys, this recipe is absolutely perfect for holiday parties, tailgating, football parties and any other fall activities that you can think of. Plus, it’s SUPER easy to make. You just need some cider, ice, whiskey and a blender.
- 1 cup Apple Cider (I used organic honeycrisp from Trader Joes)
- 2/3 cup Whiskey
- 4-5 cups ice (depending on how strong you want it to be)
- Apple slices
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a blender or food processor combine apple cider, whiskey and ice.
- Blend until it's smooth and resembles a slushie. Make sure all of the ice is blended!
- Pour into two cups and garnish with one apple slice and a cinnamon stick.
That’s it! Have I convinced you to make this for yourself yet? Trust me, you won’t regret it!