Self-love is one of those concepts that we always talk about focusing on, but never seem to truly find time for. With all the daily stressors of life, it’s the one thing that falls to the side. But, it’s arguably what we should focus on the most.
I’m the first to admit that finding time for yourself can feel impossible (and even downright laughable) at times. Whether we’re focused on work, blogging or family our thoughts, needs and desires always seem to fall to the wayside. But, taking time to do what makes you happy can easily relieve stress, boost your mood and make you more productive.
Lately, i’ve been letting all of the little things stress me out. You name it, i’, likely feeling anxious about it. So, i’ve started taking 20-30 minutes a day to do things that make me happy. Sure, deciding to spend time on me instead of the 1000x other things I have on my to-do list may not make me more productive, but it makes me feel good. And, that matters more.
So, what’s the key to self-love? Finding what makes you happy. So here are a list of 15 different ways you can start loving yourself and letting the little stuff go:
1. Take a bath, with a big glass of wine.
2. Give yourself a mani/pedi
3. Prepare healthy meals for yourself (J and I love this recipe)
4. Create an organized, clean home (Can’t recommend this book on decluttering your life enough)
5. Take a morning walk with your dog
6. Unplug from your computer, phone, email etc. for the day
7. Try coloring (I swear this adult coloring book is magical)
8. Gift yourself an experience (Think a hot air balloon ride or a weekend getaway)
9. Find a new hobby (I just took up spinning and love it)
10. Try a face mask or some new lotions
12. Take a break and grab some coffee in your favorite mug
15. Make yourself some tea or lemon water and catch up on the news
What do you do to practice self-love?
Thanks to Hope & Stetson for sponsoring this post. As always, thank you for supporting brands that support Simply J&K!