When Jordon and I got married, I really dragged my feet with our wedding registry. We had already lived together for 3+ years at that point, and already had the basics so it wasn’t exactly at the top of my wedding to-do list. Plus, it seemed like such a daunting task. Movies make registering seem like SO much fun. But, to me, the idea of spending a Saturday running around a busy department store with a huge list (and no idea what we need) sounded AWFUL. But, fear not because today I’ve done all the hard work. Enter…. the 10 items you NEED to have on your wedding registry.
P.S. If you aren’t getting married, fear not because this post still applies to you. With wedding season upon us odds are you’re going to need to get a gift. And, i’m willing to bet the bride and groom forgot at least one of these items. So, keep on reading to find them the perfect gift.
Now that J and I have been married for a year, it’s so clear what items we needed to add to our registry and what we could have left off. For example, china may sound like a good idea at the time. But, it really just sits in your kitchen cabinets and takes up so many gifts! Some of my picks are fun, some necessary and some just plain practical. But, without further ado I give you my top 10 must-haves for any wedding registry.
10 Items You Need On Your Wedding Registry
1. Plain White Dinnerware: Technically, we didn’t get this for our wedding. But, our plain white dinnerware has taken us from nights eating on the coffee table, to dinner parties and romantic date nights at home. White is classic and timeless and works in any situation.
2. Cutting Board: Arguably the most-used piece in our kitchen our monogrammed cutting board is a staple for any kitchen. Plus, this version is a fun way to show off your new monogram.
3. Keurig Coffee Maker: This one kind of speaks for itself because, well, coffee. #AmIRight
4. Fancy Flatware: Because we went with plain white dinnerware, we went with a fancier gold flatware to give our dinner set some edge. I adore the Kate Spade version I linked, but I also love this slightly cheaper option!
5. Barware: Before our wedding we had zero (and I do mean zero) barware accessories. But, we registered for champagne glasses, wine glasses and a bar kit and i’m so glad we did. Plus, it helped me learn to whip up the cocktails I do for you lovely ladies!
6. Luggage: Some of your registry items need to be less practical and more fun! I love that we added a luggage set (that we took for our wedding and honeymoon in South Africa). I got ours monogramed and love them!
7. Mixing Bowls: By far the most practical item on my list, mixing bowls are a must for any registry! I chose a plastic set but glass work perfectly too.
8. Robes: J and I both got robes for our wedding, and I have to tell you they were one of my favorite gifts. We use them daily and they’re embroidered with MR. and Mrs. and i’ll treasure them always.
9: Pots and Pans: Pots and Pans can be SO expensive, which makes them a great registry item. I recommend Calphalon and have always used this non-stick set i’ve linked up.
10. Kitchen Aid Mixer: You guys, if you do one thing for your wedding register for a Kitchen Aid Mixer. It’s one of those items that will last forever, make your kitchen look amazing, and help you out whenever you bake. It was one of my favorite gifts and I truly can’t recommend it enough!
If there’s one piece of advice I can give it’s to skip the speciality items that you won’t use all the time. This is even more true if you live in a smaller space or apartment. For example, you can probably skip out on a panini maker, popcorn machine or quesadilla maker and opt for a blender instead. Trust me, it will be so much better in the long run.
So, what items are on your list?
Shop my picks: